Did you read it?
Ok...
Now this "article" was written by a wonderful friend of mine (Kristiann Saunders), who actually is one the homeschooling moms that sits in the driveway with me!
Now this "article" was written by a wonderful friend of mine (Kristiann Saunders), who actually is one the homeschooling moms that sits in the driveway with me!
Reporters visited a suburb of wealthy Carmel By The Sea, La Mesa, expecting to see much of the same fashion-conscious moms. What they found there, however, was shocking. For example, one group of moms (called "homeschoolers") sat out in their driveways with ripped jeans and sweatshirts while their children played in the street and ran amok on a local playground. While the east coast is obviously succeeding despite the tough economic times, it seems as though the recession has taken it's toll on parts of Central California. "What's even sadder," commented an editor, "is that these moms in California represent the best and brightest of our military. I think it's safe to say that the future of our country is in peril." Congress is now scrambling to find "bailout" money for these poor families whose shabby clothes and even shabbier children are only symptoms of something deep inside. When interviewed, the moms all agreed that what's on the outside pales in comparison to the depth of character, integrity, knowledge and community service that is being instilled into the lives of these kids everyday. "Wow," said fellow writer, "They are weird."
See you all at recess!
See you all at recess!
Kristiann Saunders
What do you wear for school drop off?
Or if you are a homeschooling family, what is your dress-code?
Or if you are a homeschooling family, what is your dress-code?








1 comment:
Oh my goodness!!!! I love it! Thanks for sharing, Angela and awesome "article", Kristiann!!
I'm in favor of the jeans and tee or sweatshirt for homeschooling my preschooler...on the days I have to drop off the kinder for his half day of school I wear pjs and a large sweatshirt to disguise the fact that I don't have a bra on.... ;)
Post a Comment