This week was set aside to get all of our studies back in order: Re-re-rearrange my school supply closet, do lesson plans, purge old papers, and study up for the upcoming semester.
But I keep getting distracted. Most of my distractions are coming from my 3 year old who wants to play or color, or a 6 year old who wants to use my computer. But when I sit down to actually get some work done, I open my computer and this pops up...
My daddy and me.It's been 4 months since Daddy passed away. The holidays made it go by faster, and traveling dulled the pain. But January 2012 is here now, which means everything slows down and you have time to think about what all happened in 2011.
My first thought on 2011 was that it was pretty crappy. Sorry for the elementary adjective, but I can't really think of a better way to put it. Don't get me wrong! I had great moments last year. We live in one of the most beautiful places in America, I have met some pretty incredible people here (all of which I can call my friends), I have four amazing children, and Joel has been home more this year because of his class schedule.
But the realization of not seeing my Daddy or hearing his voice again hurts. As a believer, I know without a doubt that my daddy is walking the streets of gold, whistling a tune, and helping Jesus fine-tune my mother's mansion, and it gives me peace in knowing that he isn't suffering and we will see each other again one day.
Although, I am human, and I mourn. That's the way God created us. Even Jesus wept when Lazarus died.
I know it's okay to miss him.
Although, I am human, and I mourn. That's the way God created us. Even Jesus wept when Lazarus died.
I know it's okay to miss him.
Every time I look at this picture it makes me think of one of Daddy's favorite thing to tell the ones he loved. No matter where he was or what was going on, if you asked him what he was doing he would reply, "Lovin' you!"
So, Daddy, know that you are missed, and know that not a day will go by that we are not "Lovin' you!"

2011 is over and it is the beginning of a new year. Already 2012 is full of exciting things for the DeBoer family! I don't have a resolution this year and I can't see into the future, but I do know that whatever it brings that...
"those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles:
the will run and not grow weary,
They will soar on wings like eagles:
the will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
Isaiah 40:31








4 comments:
Oh, Angela. That must be heartbreaking....I am sending you my deepest sympathy across the miles! I was just thinking about you today and wishing I had your phone number programmed in my phone because --out of the blue--I wanted to talk to you today! Will you email it to me? Or FB?
Hugs to you!
Beautifully written! Praying for you as I have no suitable words but if I was closer I'd bring over chocolate cake. Missing you.
I don't really know what to say, but I wanted you to know I was thinking of you.
We just started AWANAs this week, about a million years after you first told me about it.
don't remember how I found your blog, but I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone. I lost my mom in November 2011. She was diagnosed w/ brain cancer in July 2011 and died four months and two days after surgery. It is a loss that can't be described. Prayers are being sent your way.
Post a Comment