(Don't answer that!)
This will be our 3rd year of homeschooling. There is a definition for a homeschool mom like me...."seasoned". Although, I don't feel that "seasoned". My kids probably think of me more like....gristle.
Every year has had its challenges, and we seem to work out the kinks. Despite the fact, this year seems more daunting to me. We have officially added Luke into our schooling schedule. I worked for weeks on our weekly schedule and have it hanging in the kitchen. If you didn't know any better you would have thought that a rainbow vomited on my fridge. It's all color coded and looks way too complex. Usually schedules help me, but I am not so sure about this one.
Another reason that this year seems a little bit more overwhelming is because Katheryn has entered into the 4th grade!!! Yes, I have a high school diploma and a college degree and I am very 'edumicated', but for some reason, 4th grade seems scary.
Another reason that this year seems a little bit more overwhelming is because Katheryn has entered into the 4th grade!!! Yes, I have a high school diploma and a college degree and I am very 'edumicated', but for some reason, 4th grade seems scary.
With this new level in academia, I have also taken on a tutoring role with our homeschooling group. This role is tutoring 4 - 6 graders in grammar and writing. I am super excited about it, and at times I find myself petrified to be standing there in front of the students AND their moms/dads explaining what it is they are suppose to be learning for the rest of the week.
Stuff like:
8 Parts of Speech
Diagramming Sentences
Knowing the 4 sentence Structures, 4 sentence purposes, and the seven sentence patterns
Key word outlines
Quality adjectives
etc, etc......
etc, etc......
That's just the beginning.
As apprehensive as I am about leading this class, I am thankful that I am doing this. I feel a bit more prepared....because I have to be. There are going to be other moms in there!! Watching me!
Laudy- laudy help me. I just pray I can be smarter than a 4th grader!








1 comment:
Thank you for stepping up and stepping out - you are such a blessing! And you are smarter than any 4th grader, because you are willing to admit you do not know...:-)
Post a Comment