Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weighing The Options

I need a new wardrobe.

Two reasons...

A) I am just an outta style kinda girl. By the time I am up on the new trends, new styles have already made their debut . So, I am perpetually behind the times when it comes to "What's Hot" and evermore right on cue with "What's Not".

But this post is about the (B) reason....

B) My clothes are shrinking.

(Okay. That's not totally true. But you know what I mean.)

I just don't get it. What is it about turning 35? Does your body automatically decide it's going to stop metabolizing food altogether?

I've been trying. Really I have. Zealously, I joined the neighborhood running group and signed up for the half-marathon. Chasing the kids around the house doesn't cut it anymore. I have to really initiate some type of notable effort.

Let's get down to the primary culprit.

Food. I love food.

Sweet, salty, savory. It matters not. The fondness for food grows ever so deep in my inner most being.

Nevertheless, I have to decide what to do.

I can enjoy the delectable foods, which the Good Lord has placed on this earth, conceding to the fact that I might have to go up a size or two.

Or....

Eat salads all day.

Hmmmmm......decisions, decisions.




1 comment:

Katie said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have noticed a metabolism slow down which seems like all of a sudden!! Someone told me the 80% rule. Eat well 80% and splurge 20%. Also, I think weight lifting totally helps! I've come to a
Very sad realization this year....I think carbs are my worst enemy and we have to go out separate ways. Boo hoo!!

Blog Archive