Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Love Craig

Whoever Craig is....I love him. At least his list anyway.

Before you all think that I have feeling for someone other than my sweet honey cakes...let me clarify!

Craigslist! I love it.

I use to have a passion for e-bay. But no more. My loyalties now lie with Craig and his "list".

Simple. Easy. No packaging. No Post Office!!!

And the best part....the cash!

We needed to get rid of a few items from around the house, so we took a few pics, posted them on "the list", and BAM....they are gone! Joel got so fired up about selling things he started walking around the house looking for other things he could sell. I drew the line when he started to take a picture of my Kitchen-Aid.

"The List" is so much better than a yard sell, too. The buyer is actually LOOKING for that item and they usually don't try to negotiate the price.

Get this!!! We just posted a toddler bed and mattress for $50. Two people contacted us. One wanted the bed. One wanted the mattress. Joel sold the bed for $50 and got 20 bucks for the mattress!!! (Side note - we bought the bed for $40 at a yard sale 6 years ago.) It's not too often you can make money on furniture!

And lemme tell ya....baby stuff goes! We have sold car seats, cribs, strollers, and kid toys like you would believe!

Sure beats getting up at the crack of dawn to people beating you door down and haggling prices all morning at a yard sale!

No comments:

Blog Archive