The kids and I have been in Mississippi for over a week now. With our move to California in the fall/winter, we thought we would pack up and head east for a while. The house is on the market with hopes to sell and then we would move on base until it is time to pack up and head to the west coast!
We are mainly staying in an apartment that is connected to my brother's apartment. It is an older home that has been renovated into three apartments. One reason that we are staying in an apartment is to give my parents some breathing room and rest time. My daddy has just started treatments for cancer and they don't need us running crazy through the house all day.
The big plus is that I don't have to keep my house spic and span for possible buyers!!! Most of you know that I TRY to keep an orderly home, but I am about to throw in the towel on that for a while. Ellen has just about topped Luke in the charts on exploring. Once I get one little mess cleaned up, she has already moved on to another place and "explored". It is exhausting keeping up with her.
Our little apartment is cute. We have a huge kitchen, one bedroom and a little bathroom. And we have a stackable washer and dryer. I know you are wondering how in the world do we all sleep in a one bedroom apartment. Well. We have a double bed, a futon mattress and a pac-n-play. One of the older 3 sleep with me, the other two on the futon mattress, and of course Ellen sleeps in the pac-n-play (which she wonderfully forgot that she could climb out of!)
I thought this would be a great time to visit. Ya know, it's spring right. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming, snow is falling.
That's right. Saturday we were outside planting flowers with my sister-in-law in 70 degree weather, and Sunday...we wake up and it is snowing outside! But I think it is suppose to warm up a little in the next few days.
It is fun and cozy, but we all miss Joel. Although if he came to visit, he would have to sleep on the couch.
Anyway.....so our house is on the market! Joel put it on the market at the end of last week. And the stress has begun. Last time we sold a house it was when Californians were rushing to Arizona to have a "mansion" instead of a "shack" for the same price or less! I remember people would put a for sale sign in their yard and they would have an offer in less than 6 hours!!! We were on the top of the down slide. It took us two weeks to sell our house. I was a nervous wreck.
So far we have had one family come and look at our home. Overall, the feedback was OK. But I can't help but take the criticism a bit personally. I mean really. They said my kitchen needed updating. If they only knew!!!! HOW MANY TIMES I UPDATED IT!!!! And what it looks like now compared to what it use to look like. Now I know that it could use some new counter tops. But really. Do they have to be so harsh?
Oh well. If you know anyone needing a house in San Antonio.....send them our way!
5 days ago








1 comment:
Hi Angela!
I do have a friend moving to SA in June...is your house listed online? or can you email me a flyer?
Thanks!
Katie M.
Post a Comment