Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ode To the Past Two Months....

In March, the kids and I went to Mississippi to visit with family. We stayed a few weeks then headed back to Texas for the Easter weekend. While back in TX, I ran into my friend picking bluebonnets on the side of the road. Isn't that illegal? OK...she wasn't picking them. She was taking pictures of her kids. But it was great to see her. We went out to eat with the kids, and low and behold.....I didn't have my camera!!! But it was great to catch up and see her kids. Although, I did tell her that even though we haven't seen each other is ages, I feel as if it hasn't been that long. I do believe it is because of her blog.


THEN....our great friends that we were stationed with in Alaska and Arizona came for Easter weekend!! Half stayed with Marc and Jenna, the other half with us. The weekend went WAY TO FAST! Katheryn cried and cried when her first best friend in life had to go back to Phoenix. As adults it is hard to leave friends, but it is harder to watch you children say goodbye to their buddies.
Then we went BACK to Mississippi. We successfully avoided all the tornadoes that seemed to follow us around. Hopefully, we won't be bringing them back to TX.
We visited with my Aunt Martha in Tupelo. My cousin, Mark, was awesome and obviously the kids adored him.
We played at parks.
We played with cousins at Mimi and Papa's.
Stacey, Angela, Candace, Amy, Renie, Ellen and her precious baby

Then I drove to Nashville to visit with friends. Candace (the one in the fabulous white jacket) received Distinguished Faculty Award from Columbia State. She is the Assistant Professor of Sociology at Columbia, and according to her colleagues she has done amazing things during her time there. No surprise to me. Candace is leaving today (Actually, she left a few days ago. It has taken me a while to finish this post) for Haiti on a relief trip. She is pretty amazing!!

Then ...Renie and I left Nashville just before the floods came and headed to St. Louis, Missouri, for our friend's wedding. St. Louis is actually a pretty cool city! Too bad we didn't have more time to explore!

D.J. (in the middle) was the lucky man! He and Elise had a beautiful wedding in an old chapel downtown. All these guys were buddies at the AFA and were all actually the groomsmen in our wedding. They don't look a day older!
This hottie was MY date!!! I flew him in from Florida (he was TDY) especially for me! It was fun to have a fancy weekend without wiping noses and other things you wipe.
Then I met this girl at the wedding that actually grew up in a town 30 minutes from me. If you are not from Mississippi then that doesn't mean anything to you. But if you are from Mississippi, then you know that somehow....there is a connection between the two of you. Kinda like the "Kevin Bacon" game. You know someone they know and vice versa.
Doesn't matter. She was awesome. I felt like we had known each other forever. And now we are BFF's on Facebook. OK - before I scare her - we are just really good friends on Facebook. But do check her out. She has this cool t-shirt company.

Of course, all fun takes a break at one point or another. Long Story short. Joel, Renie, and I went back through Nashville. All the roads we needed were open! Praise GOD! Dropped Renie off so she could drive to Mobile. Drove back to MS. Picked up the kids. Packed up all the stuff we collected while we were there for 2 months! Then drove back to TX. Pack up our house (BTW...it SOLD...PRAISE GOD!). Moved on Base. Still unpacking.




3 comments:

Stacey Lee said...

Yay! So glad y'all made it back safely and are unpacking on base now. It was great to see you! You look just as beautiful as ever!

Colette said...

I miss you!
I can't remember how I have your blog address, but I'm glad that I do!
Can we see you before you move?
When is that?

Love,
Colette

Elizabeth said...

Wow! You have been busy! So glad the house is sold. Let's get together soon!

Blog Archive