Monday, January 25, 2010

He Still Loves Me!

Last night I was exhausted. So tired I didn't even want to walk up the stairs to get into bed. Joel felt the same way. What kids fight against, we long for. SLEEP!

After Joel brushes his teeth, he snuggles up under the and I go about my evening ritual.
-turn on water to get it warm
-put hair in pony-tail
-go potty
-back to sink
-rinse face with warm water
-wash face with cleanser
-rinse
-exfoliate
-rinse
-pat dry
-use p.m. cream in circular motion
-pluck
-pluck
-pluck some more
-brush teeth
-floss
-wipe down counter after messing it all up
-change into pajamas
-check on kids
-crawl into bed
-read about one page then start dozing off

So...I turn out the light thinking I will go to bed any minute now. But no...I lay there...WIDE AWAKE!

I turn to Joel, who has been asleep since before I exfoliated, and get jealous of how he can fall asleep so fast.

Watching him gets me to thinking about how much he loves me.

Even when I stop up the garbage disposal after his has asked me a million times not to put egg shells down the drain......he still loves me.

Even when he comes home from a long day of work and I have somewhere I need to go for the 3rd night this week.....he still loves me.

Even when we have popcorn for dinner....he still loves me.

Even when he comes home from a TDY and our house is a different color from before he left and I still don't like it....he still loves me.

Even when I get on to the kids for leaving their shoes out and my shoes are right next to them....he laughs....because he loves me.

Even when I back out of the garage with the van tail gate open, scratching the tail gate and putting a dent into the garage door.....he still loves me.

I better stop before he rethinks all this.

But...you know.....I am pretty crazy about him too.


4 comments:

Katie said...

So true! It takes me so much longer to get ready for bed...makeup removal, flossing, etc.

That sucks about your garage and tail gate!

Also, you aren't supposed to put eggshells down the disposal? Really? Because I do that every day. Oops.

Kat and Crew said...

Cute! Men can fall asleep so quick!
I did the garage thing...but i was in a hurry and had my car door slightly open as I backed out taking a very sick kid to the doc and the tip of the door got stuck on the garage track and bent my door into a crazy shape. Couldn't close the door! Called Jake in a crazy panic! Had to have it towed! cost a $$$!! But like you said...HE STILL LOVES ME! It's nice to have a hubby who's mellow since I'm so DRAMA!:)
Still praying for your Daddy.
Love, Kat

Elizabeth said...

Aww! Joel!

The thoroughness of your nightly ritual greatly impresses me. You might have to give me some tips. Even with my minimalist "approach," I still go to bed WAY after Sam falls asleep. Well, when he lives with me, that is.

Anonymous said...

i thought we were the only ones who did popcorn for dinner... glad to know i'm not alone!! :)
love ya sis- Em

Blog Archive