After redecorating my tree, I got a box in the mail. My mom sent it to me Fed-Ex! After opening it I had to re-redecorate the tree again. The box had this in it......
I don't' know what it is called.....but I LOVE IT!!!
This green stuff. It is about 2 feet wide, 30 feet long, and on a spool.
So, I put it on the tree and I had to rearrange a few other decorations.
I twisted it, pushed it, pulled it. It took me a while, but I finally got it to work right. I took pictures with my "better" camera and now you can see the "STUFF" I threw on the tree a little better.
The topper has berry sprigs, curly switches (that's what the kids call them), tall grass, and something else. I don't really know what to call it.
I put all the dried flowers that I am not using this season and crammed them in the tree along with fresh clippings from a real Christmas tree. Then I put all my favorite ornaments sweetly hidden throughout the bursts of spring.

The tree actually has more sprigs and flowers in it than ornaments.
Joel doesn't like my new creation. He says, "It's crap." But if you know Joel, that is just one of his manly ways of giving approval and telling me I did a good job decorating. A term of endearment. So it didn't hurt my feelings.








5 comments:
Joel is hysterical!
I can just see you wandering around all day, putting more and more things on that tree every time you pass it, rearranging things. It looks beautiful and very unusual!
Please leave the tree up until at least the 28th so that I can see it personally:)
I. LOVE. IT. It looks like a fancy christmas store tree. How are your children not ruining it? My kids have trashed the bottom third of our tree. It is barren.
I am going to try something similar to this next year. Someone else told me to put big white lights (the big bulbs) all inside, near the trunk and then small white lights (tons) around everywhere else. The big lights illuminate the ornaments tucked back inside.
Next year I'm going to have a cool tree like yours! THis year, I have a raggedy looking thing!
(where did you buy all the natural stuff?)
Katie - all the stuff that is in the tree is stuff that I already had in the house. I had on OLD dried flower bouquet on my guest bed and it was not cooperating any more so I took it apart and put it all in the tree. The only new thing is the green stuff.
The kids have been threatened not to touch the tree!! OR ELSE!!
Your tree really was beautiful! Pac Rat here we come next Thanksgiving!! Or, maybe I should drop by now!!!
Post a Comment