So I went home for Thanksgiving. We didn't have too much time there. Only two days. One of the days was black Friday. Well, there are no malls or big shopping centers in my little hometown. But there are tons of specialty shops....and a Wal-Mart.
Well, I fell in LOVE with all the beautifully decorated Christmas trees. The ornaments, decoration, and the tree toppers. THE TREE TOPPERS! They were amazing. I had never seen such interesting and beautiful tree toppers. They were like bursts of beauty coming from the tops of the tree.
I HAD to have one for myself!!!
So, I started grabbing all the decorations that you had to have in order to "build" your own custom topper. By the time my arms were full, my total came to about $125! A tear fell from my eye as I started putting back the items and ended up buying some sparkly garland for$8. I do have to feed my family ya know.
When we got home, we put up our tree (ARTIFICIAL...which I don't like anymore), and we decorated it the usual way and I was "happy".
Then.....I went to my friend's (Suzanne) house (she is from Mississippi, too). And she had one of THOSE trees! With one of those toppers. It was beautiful. And I had to have one.
Suzanne is so talented in her decorating skills. She is the one who gave me painting tips and encouraged me to have white cabinets and get rid of the red walls. Love her for that!!! Thank you Suzanne. Now she gave me tips on decorating my tree. "Just throw everything and anything in there! Any of your dried flowers that you aren't using...put it in there. For the topper, just bunch up a lot of tall and colorful things and put it behind your angel." So I did.
Suzanne is so talented in her decorating skills. She is the one who gave me painting tips and encouraged me to have white cabinets and get rid of the red walls. Love her for that!!! Thank you Suzanne. Now she gave me tips on decorating my tree. "Just throw everything and anything in there! Any of your dried flowers that you aren't using...put it in there. For the topper, just bunch up a lot of tall and colorful things and put it behind your angel." So I did.
And this is what it looks like.
I like it!!!
I think I may have gotten a little carried away with the stuff I just "threw" in the tree. But it makes me happy! Although....I think the topper could use a bit more.
.








3 comments:
How cool! I've never heard of this before! So you threw the stuff in the tree too? What kind of STUFF is that? Where did you get it? I love this idea!!!
How cool! I've never heard of this before! So you threw the stuff in the tree too? What kind of STUFF is that? Where did you get it? I love this idea!!!
VERRRRY Pretty!!!
Do you want some feathers??
No, really, it doesn't need a thing!!
Post a Comment