Friday, October 09, 2009

Should I wake them?

It's raining here in Texas! Yee-Haw! We need it. Apparently, we are going to be getting a lot of rain here this fall because of El Nino. That's what my neighbor said. He is 70 years old and has lived here all his life, so that makes him an expert. I believe him now. We had 5 inches (and change - as Joel puts it) last Sunday, and we are getting even more today.
My children are sleeping to the soft pitter-patter of raindrops against their windows. Usually they are up at this point, but I feel the need to let them rest. Enjoying their youthful slumber. Luke has Kid's Day Out two days a week, and today is one of those days. On KDO days, I make myself presentable to the world. I shower, wash my hair, put on make-up, wear nicer clothes. I have been ready for a while now, waiting for the sound of feet to run across the upstairs floor. Mainly so I can get in the kitchen and start making some noise. I have to crush up oreos for a cheesecake crust and puree some veggies for Amee Jo's Chicken Tikka Masala.
I will give them 15 more minutes. While I am waiting, I guess I will fold the pile of laundry that is in the middle of the family room. Have I told you how much I hate laundry? Maybe I will go wake them now.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Why don't you just write a book? I could read you ALL day long and grin the whole time! I asked for that book about the homeless for Christmas, by the way!

Katie said...

Oh, I HATE laundry too. HATE. I don't mind starting it, and moving it to the dryer...and even taking it out. But I HATE folding it and I HATE DESPISE CAN'T STAND putting it away!

I keep thinking that I need to figure out a better system for putting away...like maybe just a giant box and I just DUMP it in there. Or, better yet, just get everyone their own laundry basket and just permanently store the clean laundry there. That would rule.

Blog Archive