For some reason, I am exhausted. Maybe, just maybe, it is because I am having a hard time falling asleep at night. Why is it that women can't turn their mind off at night? I lay there going over the things I wanted to accomplish that day. What got accomplished, what didn't, what will have to get down tomorrow because it didn't get done today. Thinking about friends, family, life.
I look at the clock and count how many hours of sleep I would actually be getting if I fell asleep that minute....only to stare at the clock an hour later subtracting the hour of sleep I just lost.
What really gets me is when Joel starts snoring. Well, he doesn't snore. It is just the way he breathes once he has fallen asleep. It usually happens 3 to 5 minutes after he puts his head on his pillow. Grrrrr......
Yesterday, I was going over a few worksheets with Claire at the dining room table. I put my head down just to rest for a minute. Claire asked me if I was taking a nap. I lied. I told her I was praying. Not really a good idea to lie about praying, huh? But I DID fall asleep!!! During "CLASS"!!!
Now that is bad.
I do read, but I get so into the what I am reading that it keeps me up even later. I tell myself, "Just two chapters and lights out!" Then 5 chapters later I realized I have already disobeyed myself.
I tell myself that I am going to sleep in the next morning. Because I can...right? We homeschool. I don't have anywhere I need to be except the dining room table at 9am. But NOOOO! I feel the need and want to spend just a few quiet uninterrupted minutes with my precious husband in the wee hours of the morning. I do love the morning time we have together.
Well, tonight. I am going to sleep. And tomorrow I am going to sleep in!!! Joel and the big girls are off to Houston for a homeschool day at the Space Center. I am here with just my two little monkeys, and it is QUI-ET!!! Quiet at 5pm. Weird.
Now. Don't get any big ideas and call me at 7am! Because I am not going to get up and answer it. I am still going to be staring at the back of my eyelids!
But before I head off to bed, I guess I better feed the two little monkeys. One good thing about Joel being away is the supper menu becomes a bit less complicated. "What would you like for supper? We have....hmmmm...let's see.....carrots....celery....stringcheese...crackers...no honey, I don't feel like making a salad. What? No...that's too much work. HEY! We could go to Chick-fil-a!!!!
I love this video!








No comments:
Post a Comment