Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No turning back now

After many many months of trying to decide what to do with our Master bedroom furniture, I have now made up my mind and started the process. Much like my friend, Katie, I am either too laid back or lazy to go take a picture and upload it to the computer. BUT, I have sanded and primed the nightstand and my next step is to paint it BLACK! We have had this bedroom furniture for 10 years now. We got it at SAM's Club in Alaska! Of all places. It is sturdy and solid wood. But it just doesn't really reflect what I want in our Master bedroom.
Our room is always the last room that gets any attention in the house. The kids' rooms are always painted and perfect soon after we move in. Our room...not so much. It usually is piled high with laundry and is the place to stash and store stuff. I don't like that either. I am one who believes that everything should have a place. Lately, that place is our room. But I want our room to be romantic and peaceful, not a closet. Maybe if I finish my project and our room looks as peaceful as I am imagining it, I will be able to sleep better at night. I'll go take a picture of it now for you, so when I am done you will have a before and after shot.
Oh...by the way....this transformation comes just in time too. We just found out yesterday that we will be heading to Monterey, California, next fall. So the next few months I guess we will be getting the house ready to put on the market. Fun stuff!!
OH! and Joel just finish tiling the guest bathroom!! He did an awesome job! Looks great!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

But you CAN'T LEAVE! I think someone should talk to personnel and make Joel a reservist or something.

It's nice to know there is a laundry stash somewhere in that house. You have four kids and your house is spotless every time I've been over there. I was beginning to think you had house elves.

Kat and Crew said...

One of my friends here in CO moved here from Monterey. Her hubby's in the AF too and I think they really liked it there. Look forward to seeing the redo. I'm on the hunt for new lamps, bedding, etc. for our room too.
Been thinking about your Dad. Still praying for him.

Jenn Storck said...

We are also in the process of sanding/priming/painting our guest bedroom furniture BLACK!! We have the bed finished..and it looks great!! Good luck!

Jenn Storck said...

Tip: we used oil based satin black paint to leave a harder finish..also...by some mini foam rollers..they leave a smooth finish w/o brush strokes:)

Katie said...

Here you go....insipring me again to get on the ball with the decorating! our master bedroom SUCKS. I HATE it. I feel HATRED when I walk in there. Why? I need to get on the stick and fix it up.

I LOVE the bathroom. I can't believe Joel did that himself. I'm so impressed!

Blog Archive