Thursday, January 08, 2009

Why Clean?

Why do I clean? I mean, while I am cleaning in one room, a little bitty boy (we won't name names) is in another room pulling cushions off the couch, cups out of the cabinet, books off the shelf. My efforts go unnoticed. You can't even tell I worked so hard on straightening and organizing! And why? WHY, may I ask, is it so hard to put toys back in the appropriate box. "This is the doll box, not the pony box. They don't go together!"
Why do I fold clothes? (Really....Joel does a better job at it than I do) I put them neatly on the dresser and have them in an easy order so little fingers can put them away. I re-enter the room, only to find that what I hate to do most (LAUNDRY) has somehow jumped off of the dresser and onto the floor? Weird.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Wait. Your kids know how to put away their own laundry (hypothetically speaking, of course!)? That is pretty cool. Except I guess it is on the floor, so maybe not. Hmmm..

I feel your pain. Becca is becoming OCD now, though and cleaning (!) but I know little Andrew will soon be crawling and into everything and it will all go downhill again.

This is a season of our lives. It, however, is NOT the season of clean houses, unfortunately....

Joel and Angela said...

They know where everything goes. I put away their underwear and socks. Why I don't know, but I do. They put away everything else. The girls do at least.
Sometimes I wish I wasn't so OCD. But I really think it makes things easier when everything has a place.
Ellen is still not crawling. Which is fine with me. But when she does, I know I am really going to go crazy!

Anonymous said...

WoHaHaHa!!!
You must have suspected this from me, and expected this: Uh-huh! And what about clean clothes still folded in a stack in the dirty clothes hamper???

Remember the charts with assigned chores? Wish I could be better at that myself now!!!

Joel and Angela said...

I know....I am sure this is pay back. At least I put mine "out of sight" not in the middle of the floor!

The Quinn Report said...

See, we're the opposite. Salem puts away her underwear, tights & socks while I do all the rest. If I could just get her to do it all, then life would be much simpler (okay, not really, but it sure sounds swell!)

Blog Archive