Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas....

Came and went. This year we stayed at home. No traveling to extended family. Just stayed put. We did miss our family and the joy it brings us to be with them during this time of year, but it was also nice to relax and enjoy the blessings we have together with our "small" family. We thank God for the blessings of our children, our health, and our faith. We are also grateful for the fun that He allows us to have during His birthday season.
Luke with Marshall and Elizabeth posing with Santa. Is it me, or is Santa's hair messed up?
Ellen freezing while her brother and sisters talk to Santa!
Katheryn telling Santa she wants a piano and a violin. BTW...she didn't get either one. Maybe for her birthday!
Claire telling Santa she wants a pony! That didn't happen either!

Making cookies
Luke eating the cookie decorations

Santa putting his presents under the tree

I woke the kids up when I "heard" Santa in the house. They were so excited to see him put presents under the tree. They had to go check out the shapes of their presents. And yes....Santa shops at Target, too!

Katheryn and Ellen early Christmas morning!


Claire's stocking stuffer

Luke's spider-man toothbrush stocking stuffer

Me playing the 3 Christmas songs I know


Joel's masterpiece!! Raspberry Orange Braid Bread. YUMMY!!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and God bless you in the New Year!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hey! that Santa/Sleigh is on my in-laws street! I recognize it! cool....

I can't believe you actually have SANTA arrive at your house and the kids get to see him. Very inventive. That bread looks amazing. Joel made it? I'm impressed!

Joel and Angela said...

Yes, I knew your in-laws live on that street. I was looking to see if I saw a familiar face, but nope. The kids have seen Santa the past 3 years. Joel has never been able to see him. Last year he stayed asleep and this year he was taking a shower. Funny huh?
And yes, Joel made that from scratch. That's the one thing he likes to make during the holidays!
BTW...when are you coming to town?

Joel and Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Quinn Report said...

Merry Christmas! Yum.....that bread looks very tasty and yes, I'm very impressed that Joel made it!

Blog Archive