The miracle I mentioned ...on our trip across the nation we stopped at a friends camp in NC to visit and tour the camp. The camp was awesome and our friends are doing really well. Well, we toured the grounds on the ATV machine things. They were like 6 wheelers with a little truck bed in the back. After the tour, we ate dinner at the dining hall at the top of the hill (this camp is cradled in the mountains). I went outside to feed Ellen, and Katheryn and Claire followed me outside. They were playing with two other little girls that lived at the camp and were walking on the rocks in front of me. They had walked past me toward the front of the dining hall, and about ten seconds later Joel came out and asked where the girls were. At that moment I heard what sounded like a rock slide and screaming. I somehow jumped up out of the chair (knowing something was not right) and started running toward the sound and I was screaming Joel's name. He had no idea what was going on but followed me. This is a little hard to explain because I remember more of the sound and Joel remembers the visual. We came to the front of the dining hall and looked down the hill and there was one of the ATVs heading down the hill. Katheryn was standing there watching this happen and I knew that Claire was in the back of the ATV which was going about 20 miles per hour. I was still running. The whole time I am running Ellen is still attached! I realized this and turned to put her on the ground so I could run faster to try to catch up with Claire. Joel did not know that Claire was in the back but still ran past me and then saw what I believe was a miracle. The ATV ,somehow, was picked up in the air and landed perfectly sideways on the road so it was not be able to slide anymore. At that point he realized Claire was in the back as she stuck her head over the side and was in shambles over her trip down the mountain side! As I read what I just typed about this event, it may not seem to you like such a big deal. But one foot to the left or right of the road, the ATV would have flipped over in the ditch and could have rolled over Claire. If it had continued to go down the hill it would have gained more speed and hit either trees or vehicles parked near the bottom. But I am convinced that Angels literally picked that ATV up and turned it so our little Claire wouldn't get hurt. Katheryn was actually in the ATV too but had jumped out when it started rolling. It was a very scary thing for us all to go through. And we realized how quickly things can happen. It was definitely a learning experience for the girls. But we are very thankful that we all came home in one piece!
The Hill








6 comments:
Amazing...just goes to show God loves our little ones way more then we do! Glad His hand of protection was on Claire & Katheryn and everyone enjoyed the vacation!
How terrifying. I almost threw up just reading about it! And I also thought you were going to say that Joel stepped on Ellen lying on the ground! I'm so glad everyone was okay.
I also thought you were going to say that Joel stepped on Ellen during all the chaos! Wow, what wonderful ending to something that could have been devastating.
Yeah, as I re-read my post, I can see how you thought Joel was about to step on Ellen. That would have been terrible too!!! I never ended up putting her on the ground as the ATV had stopped by that point. It all happened really quickly!
All I can say is, "Wow, freaky and frightening for all". I'm not sure I want my kiddos to get any bigger now. I'm still haunted by the story of the stocking holder coming down on Luke's head!
Post a Comment