Friday, August 15, 2008

4200 Miles later......

and we are HOME!!! HOME SWEET HOME!!! We made it. Three weeks of traveling here and there with 4 kids and a dog (part of the time) was not so bad. The worst part was the last two hours on the road last night. Now we are just having a relaxing morning and getting ready to do some tax free shopping! The kids did an awesome job! They watched and rewatched lots of movies, colored, read, slept, and argued now and then. But for the most part they were amazing! We did battle a little bit of the stomach bug on the trip, and had an actual MIRACLE happen right in front of our eyes that I will explain in another post. I think we all enjoyed the time together in the car as a family.
Joel and I had A LOT of time to talk and discuss things in more detail. Topics including...things that need to get fixed on the house...where we will go next....what we will do when he retires...where we will settle down when he retires....and the big bombshell - HOMESCHOOLING!!! Yes, homeschooling. Over the past year it has been on the back of my mind, and the past couple of months it seems more and more appealing (in some ways). Katheryn keeps saying she wants to stay at home, Claire doesn't know the difference yet. San Antonio has a HUGE homeschooling community too. Now, this won't happen this semester, maybe not even this year. But I am really feeling the desire to home school our kids. Having been home schooled myself (only for three years), I have a mom who is a great encouragement and very resourceful.
As for marathon training... I did get a few "wogs" in and I am now up to 2.5 miles. Hopefully I can get a 3 mile run in sometime this weekend.
Now, to unpack, wash tons of clothes. Pictures will come later.

3 comments:

The Volds said...

Hey! We're homeschooling this year (and next). Lachlan didn't learn a thing in this school, so 3rd grade was a complete waste of time.

I homeschooled in Egypt, and, while it was really difficult (I am not so patient) it was very very cool to see him grasp a new concept.

I start on Monday with a 4th grader and a KINDERGARTENER! Yep, she turns 5 on Tues. Time sprints.

Miss you guys!
Jess

The Quinn Report said...

Glad your back and I can't wait to see all the photos!

Aly Casey said...

Glad you all had a safe trip & were able to enjoy time with family & friends along the way! You go girl w/homeschooling! Always seems a thought for us, but have yet to take the plunge...we'll see where our next assignment takes us - God will let me know if it is something I'm to do...so far that is not the case:)

Blog Archive