Saturday, July 19, 2008

The "Shocking" News

Alright, I figured I better let you know my shocking news before I make anyone else mad. This information may not be as shocking as you are expecting, but it is definitely shocking to me! Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long and you may be disappointed after finding out what my news is....
Are you ready???

I am.......









training for a marathon! Well, half marathon. Yes, I know. Probably not the news you were expecting. No! I am not pregnant for those of you who were guessing that. But this is huge for me. The last time I did an actual running event was 7 years ago. And that was a mere 10K!

You may be wondering why now? Well, a group of friends from college have been training for the San Antonio Rock N Roll marathon in Nov. When my friend Amee told me about, I was VERY pregnant and it was the last thing I wanted to think about. Then A few weeks after Ellen was born, Candace gave me a call and I made the commitment. I still had a lot of doubt about being about to do this and having the time. But after completing two miles (it wasn't easy), I have confidence that I can do this!!!!

So, along with the other 12 girls that are training...you will be my accountability help! I hope that I can stay on top of posting my progress every now and then (along with family updates).

So...here's to training!!!!

Hopefully your not too disappointed in my "Shocking" news!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got this Angela!

Jimothy

Katie said...

I was expecting news about a move or a deployment or a career change or a pregnancy!! :)

This is COOOOOL news. Good for you! You can totally do it!

Kat and Crew said...

Good Luck!!! I'm impressed. I can't bring myself to run for that long! Who's all going to run with you? Look forward to hearing how it goes. Maybe yall will inspire me to get up and do something too! :)
Kat

The Quinn Report said...

I'll tell you what I thought it was.....

I believe (about a year ago since I'm pretty sure that was the last time we came across each other), we had a conversation about hair coloring, highlights, cuts, etc. If I'm not mistaken, I think you told us that you're a "color virgin" and had only thought about doing such a thing; but never took the plunge. Therefore, I thought your shocker was going to be that you went and got your "hair did" with some crazy/funky/post-baby style! You got me!

Cheers to you and your upcoming training/race! You can do it!

The Volds said...

Well, I am a little bit disappointed, but also very impressed! Way to go!
Miss you!

Jaclyn said...

I just did my first 5K and i felt like I was Queen of the World! So a 1/2 Marathon is amazing- I am so proud of you! You're an inspiration! I just got Jenny to start running some and so far she is up to .6 miles :)

Stacie said...

You go girl..and a big "phew", I'm glad you're not moving! You'll be a running star in no time... next up, jogging stroller!

Blog Archive