Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Beijing....here we come!!!!

OK...Maybe we won't make the Olympics this year, but for the past year the girls have been taking gymnastics on base. We have been really lucky to have a coach from Bulgaria (the one holding Luke). For some reason, people from that region have great skill in gymnastics and coaching! Coach Ozzie is amazing (and Coach Summer) and the girls absolutely adore both of them. Luke does too, but he doesn't take classes. I can't decide if I want him to take or not.
Anyway, two weeks ago the youth center had a gymnastic extravaganza and the girls were able to perform. They did a great job and received their first "medals" at the end of the program.
Claire progressed to the next level and Katheryn is going to get individual evaluation with Coach Ozzie soon. If it sounds like I am bragging....I AM! The Coaches
Katheryn going into a cartwheel

Finish

I forget what this is called and probably couldn't spell it anyway
(some french word)

Claire's bridge

Katheryn receiving her medal

Claire receiving her medal

Katheryn!

Claire!

3 comments:

Aly Casey said...

I just love keeping up with you all through this blog! Love the girls doing their gymnastics - they look great and really enjoying themselves... the looks on their faces with the medals is priceless!!!

The Quinn Report said...

Ohhhhh....they look so adorable! I can't even do a cartwheel; isn't that sad?

Anonymous said...

the Bulgarian coach looks like Katherine!! parham

Blog Archive