Thursday, May 08, 2008

Pink Flag

No...this isn't a clue that we are having a girl! Last weekend some of the ladies from the squadron went on a girls weekend trip to Fredericksburg, Texas. We stayed at a nice little bed and breakfast, slept late (well, if you call 8am late), shopped, ate, ate, shopped, slept. It was a nice little get-a-way and the perfect time of year to go. We call these little excursions "Pink Flag" because sometimes the guys in the squadron go on TDYs that are called "Red Flag". Of course, they get reimbursed for most of their expenses (lodging, food, transportation) where we have to think about how much we will spend and manage over the whole weekend. As a matter of fact, Joel gets to go to MS next week for work. And he will get to eat at all my favorite restaurants while he is there. He will get to order an appetizer with his meal (not as his meal), get something to drink besides water, and maybe even try a dessert! Of course, he does go on these trips for "work" and my trips are primarily just for fun.

Now, I am just praying that I can keep this baby in until he gets back!!!

3 weeks from today...we will have another little one!!! I go back and forth on my guesses on boy or girl. At first I thought is was a girl because of my morning sickness during the first trimester and the timing on things (not to get too detailed). But I have had 3 Asian ladies tell me I am having a boy!!! And they sound pretty convincing. I always think I am having girls. I thought Luke was a girl. But an Asian lady told me I was having a boy with him too. Then all the 10 pregnant people around me had girls and I was the last one to deliver, so by the time Luke arrived I wasn't as surprised. Just because I THINK I am having a girl does not mean that I want a girl and don't want a boy or vice versa. Joel and I will be equally excited about either one! But I can't help wondering what it will be, how much it will weigh, and what color hair it will have. I look at pictures of me pregnant with the other 3 and I feel like I look more like I did when I was expecting Luke. Although, the difference maybe all in my chest and that just gets bigger with each pregnancy anyway. Not too much longer and we won't have to guess anymore!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! WOW! Look at yall.

Amber said...

Aw, looks like you guys had fun!!! Wish I could have been there! Can't wait to see what you are having either!! I'll come and hold it for you either way :)

The Quinn Report said...

I'm going to guess against the Asian ladies and say GIRL! I just want you to have this baby; I'm dying to know!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got a little 'me' time before the baby #4.

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say hi! You look adorable pregnant... as always. Good luck with this last bit of pregnancy and can't wait to hear what you have! Much love, - Stacey Lee

Blog Archive