Joel's parents have been visiting us this week. The kids have had a blast catching up with Grandma and Grandpa! It was great to have them here for Katheryn's baptism on Sunday. Uncle Scott and Aunt Basia were there for it too, along with our good friends the Carlsons!
On Monday, we went to the Wildlife World Zoo! If you haven't done that yet, and you live here in SA....DO IT!! Especially if you have kids. It was so neat to see all the animals and be able to feed them from you car! Tuesday the kids were in School and Kid's Day out, so Joel and I went downtown with his parents to visit the Alamo and walk the Riverwalk. It was a PERFECT day to do that. The weather has been so amazing here this week. Yesterday was a down day, with my OB appointment and ice skating lessons. Today Joel and his dad are checking out the Natural Caverns and Basia and Maja will come visit too!
******
If you have kept up with all the birthdays that have been going on in our little family, you would know that I like to try to make the birthday cakes myself. I am by no means a professional at it and don't claim to be the best. Joel's birthday was last Friday. A few weeks ago I had asked him what kind of cake he wanted. When he described what he wanted for his cake, I don't really think he meant it and I definitely don't think he thought I would actually make one. If you don't know Joel, then you will not appreciate his sense of humor. And if you don't know me, then you definitely will not appreciate my "art" or my sense of humor! So....the weeks went by... and Joel had forgotten his cake request. His birthday came and it just so happened that the girls were very sick that day and he didn't expect a cake at all. But I managed to get it done. I hid it in the back fridge and when he went to get a drink, he was very surprised to find this.....
Now, I know you are wondering how I explained this to the kids. I told them the truth..... That daddy likes mountains and his dream is to live nestled in the valley of the twin peaks.








9 comments:
BWAAA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Angela, you CRACK me up. I can totally see Joel requesting that, but I wouldn't have guessed you would have obliged him. That's hilarious!
Classic. I love it! I told Marc to come and see the cake you made Joel for his birthday and AS he was walking in the room he said..."Is it a booby cake?" ALL men have the same dream....
HAHAAHSHAAAA!!! That's a nice set there.
Jimothy
Andrew's jealous. Now he's expecting one for his birthday! Nice job!!!
Oh, my stomach aches from laughing!!! You're great to make me laugh all the way here in Vegas - that is GREAT! Hope he enjoyed the cake & the kids can tell their teachers about daddy's cake:)!
PS CONGRATULATIONS Katheryn on being baptized!!! How awesome... how could that news share the same blog entry as the booby cake??? :) You guys are great!
JIMOTHY ROCKS!!!
Nice! That is SO funny!!
I wish I had them that big!!!!
Post a Comment