I have eight more weeks to go, people!!! And the "nesting" phase has set in. I don't know if the nesting is actually instinct or just common sense that you don't want to have to deal with unnecessary things after the baby comes.
I have reorganized my pantry, linens, kids clothes, baby clothes, my clothes. I have cleaned the base boards, doors and door frames (which they already need to be cleaned again due to sticky hands and fingers), steam cleaned half the carpet in the house and hoping to get the rest this weekend. All the medela items have been boiled, the baby bed has been up for a while, and now I am just thinking of what else I can do before the baby comes.
We have narrowed down names between boy and girl (and no...I am not telling you!) I did wash all the 0-3 month clothes in both boy and girl. When it gets a little closer to time I will be setting up "stations" upstairs and downstairs for the baby to sleep. Walking up and down stairs after a c-section is always a challenge for me. For the first 3 weeks the baby will be sleeping in our room since the baby's bed will actually be in the guest room and my parents are coming to help. I am really not a big fan of having the baby in our room because that means I probably won't be getting much sleep. But I had Luke in my bedroom for 5 months (while living with parents), so I guess I can manage a few weeks.
I have been doing much better at laundry lately. It hasn't piled up as high as it normally does. I just try to do a load (or two) every day. The loads are smaller. That way and I don't get an overwhelming feeling when there are less items to fold.
Now dusting is my biggest enemy!!!!
5 days ago








5 comments:
Wow! I can't believe on 8 weeks to go! I'm so excited for you!
Ack!!!! Only two more months! That is crazy. I can't wait to see what names you have picked out--and to see the cute little baby. Try to take it easy while you can!
You are too funny!!! I was there not too long ago. Enjoy these last few weeks of being pregnant - I must admit, I do get a little sad holding Grayson thinking that my last time being pregnant is done - enjoy all those twists & turns & kicks - they come out & grow up way too fast! We're excited to find out what you've got cookin' in there!!!
For some reason the picture didn't appear on my screen with this entry!
You crack me up. All those kids and you are this organized? You're awesome!
Post a Comment