It was nice to have a small change last week from waking up at 5:30 to sleeping until 8am! AHHHH- Spring break!!! Joel originally had off last week, but ended up heading to VA last minute with the squadron. We had planned to drive up to OK to visit my friend, Honey, and her family. But after the change, she decided they would come HERE!!!
One night, the ladies got to go out to a local Mexican restaurant. I don't think we moved for 4 hours we were talking so much!
*******
I was told that I was a "MEAN MOMMY" because I had never dyed Easter eggs with my kids. So I bit the bullet and tried it. It WAS NOT FUN FOR ME!!!!!
The kids loved it...well Katheryn and Claire did, I kept making Luke sit down and then ended up taking him inside AWAY from the dye!!! I about had a panic attack in my own back yard just from dying Easter eggs!! I am sure my neighbors would agree that I am a "mean mommy" if they could here me telling Luke to get away from the table. I don't mind the kids getting messy, but when it involves dye, now that is a different story! But it did end up being worth it when they went searching for them Easter morning and found the ones that they decorated.
MAYBE we will try it again next year!








6 comments:
I love Honey! She is such a genuine and beautiful person! I'm so glad she was able to come here and see you and the kids!
I only saw one part of this whole post 5:30 a.m. YOU WAKE UP AT THAT TIME ON A REGULAR BASIS? I cannot go on. I just can't. That is just too wrong....
Seriously, though, the kids look adorable and I'm proud of you for doing the dye thing!! :)
It just depends on what time Joel gets up. But it is usually between 5:30 and 6. That way I can get ready before the kids get up at 7 - and Joel and I can have a cup of coffee together before the "storm"! We have always been morning people, but it was really nice to sleep in until 8 last week!!!
I agree with the egg dying - what a mess! We conquer it outside each year too, but still have green fingers come Easter morning! Your kids look great in their Easter best - I have a new appreciation seeing Luke in your pictures... gone from "wow - he's all boy, glad I have my girls" to "wow - that's how life is going to be in a year or two" Wouldn't trade my sweet boy for anything though:)
OK, you have blown my mind. MRS. Perfect Mother has never done Easter eggs before??? HOW can that be? You did it right, I saw they had on the team shirts, nothing real fancy, so I think you SHOULD plan it again for next year. Actually, I think my kids always did it topless and in underware. They are all normal now, no damage done. Kaylee is 15 and we did it till last year! Well, not the topless and underware part! You do too many things right to be called a mean mommy!
Post a Comment