Let me see if I can catch you up to date on what we have been doing while I wait for cupcakes to bake and with having a monkey on my back - AKA...Luke.
Tomorrow is Katheryn's birthday!! She will be 6 years old, and I really can't believe it. We are having our first "spend the night party", and she is SO excited about it. A few days ago she tried to describe to Joel and I what she wanted her birthday cake to look like.
"I want a big circle on the bottom, a medium circle in the middle and a small circle on the top. I would like the icing to be white and the polka-dots to be pink." Joel said, "That sounds like a wedding cake to me." I do like to make the kid's cakes, but MAN...they are getting more and more specific and detailed! I may need to take a cake decorating class! So today, I am headed to Hobby Lobby to see if I can find something special for this special birthday cake!
Today she will be "star student" at school, and I am taking cupcakes for her class to help celebrate her birthday. She loves it when Mommy and Daddy get to come to her class!
*******
The weather here has been either winter or summer weather...no in-between. On Monday it was so yuck that we stayed home all day. Almost bored to tears!!! I started making lunch and Luke got out his lunch box and said (in his own little way) that he wanted to go on a picnic. So this was our picnic.....we had a mystery guest too! The squadron canceled flying and Joel was able to come home for lunch. I told Claire a mystery guest was coming, and she starting guessing every one EXCEPT Daddy. You should have seen her face when she heard the garage door open!
******
For the girls' birthday, we got them ice skating lessons! They had their first lesson yesterday. We didn't tell them where they were going until we arrived at the ice center. They were so excited and ready to learn. Both of the girls did really well for their ages and for the first time to ice skate. Claire took a good fall once and it scared her really bad. But by the end of the lesson her spirits were back up, and she was doing much better. Next week, she will be doing the double axle twist!








2 comments:
What a fun birthday present! Can't wait to see how they progress & maybe catch them on TV:) Hope you all get some sleep with all the giddy 6 yr olds there! Can't wait to hear about it...Aly
I always love to read what is going on there! Have a great birthday party! They really do grow up fast...because I can remember when Joel........Well, just enjoy!
Post a Comment