
Our little girl is 4!!! Happy birthday, Claire!! We had her party yesterday and it went well. I always think I have things taken care of until two days before the party, then I start freaking out and rushing to get things done. I asked Claire what kind of cake she wanted and she told me raspberry!!!! What!?? She wanted a princess party with a raspberry cake. I borrowed a friends castle cake pan and made a Paula
Deen 1,2,3,4 cake with a white chocolate raspberry mouse mote!!! Claire loved it and Katheryn wants one for her birthday now. Although I had to make the cake twice because the first time I let it cool too long in the pan and it fell to pieces when I turned it out. Joel said I could call it "castle ruins". Funny, funny. It really wasn't that funny.


*****
On a side note...I am feeling HUGE people!! I don't think my butt has ever been this big! I am sure licking the spoon while making white chocolate raspberry mouse doesn't help any. But seriously...I think by the end of this pregnancy, I will be quite larger than I was with the other 3. I seriously think I could wear my maternity clothes backwards and they would still fit! I am feeling great. I get tired right after lunch, but seem to be keeping up with the kids better than I thought I would be. We scheduled a delivery date for May 28th. It was going to be the 30th, but my doctor was going on vacation after my surgery so I asked for the 28th. I didn't want him to sew me up and leave. Alright....enough for now!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Claire! I can't believe she is 4!! The cake looks awesome! (The video works on our blog now.)
And, hooray for a baby on May 28th (our 8th anniversary:) & my grandpa's 83rd birthday) - that way, I will never forget to send birthday greetings!
The cake looks beautiful and sounds DEEEE licious!
I am sure you are tiny as always...but tiny people are always so in shock when they gain a few pounds! You'll be back to your regular size by July 28, I bet! :)
How exciting that you have a delivery date!
Happy Birthday to Claire! (and I'm jealous that it is warm enough to be outside in short sleeves there. I won't be jealous in July...but for now I am!)
You did such a great job on the cake.....I love it!
Post a Comment