If you haven't met my sweet Claire...you are missing out. She is so full of energy and fun! Really, I can't find the exact words to describe this masterpiece! As you can see in the picture above, she can find fun in almost anything she does.
About a month ago we were getting ready for dinner. The kids were at the table and Joel was on his way home from work. I was leaning over Claire, cutting up her dinner when she said,
"Mommy.....your boobies are really big.....Why?"
After a brief moment of shock and trying not to laugh, I replied, "Well, when you have a baby in your belly, EVERYTHING gets bigger!" That seemed to satisfy her for a while.
A few weeks later we were reading our bedtime stories and I was lying on my side and Katheryn was in front of me and Claire was leaning over me. Then she said, "Mommy! The baby is making your boodie bigger too!!" There was no comment on my part.
Last week, I had the kids in the cul-de-sac riding there bicycles and tricycles. The neighbor boy (about 17 years old) pulled into his drive way. Claire has seen him once or twice. Luke ran over to give him a hug (I have NEVER talked to this boy...ever) thinking it was our friend's son, Tony. Claire comes to a "screeching" halt on her bike. "Mama.....he looks like Tony.....he's cute.....I think I'm gonna marry him!" She says all this and never once takes her eyes off of this boy. Katheryn comes over to me and says, "Mommy, do you really think HE is the one for Claire?" I just replied with " Let's give it a little more time....Please!"








3 comments:
Good doggie, Tim-Tim!
What a TRIP she is! I love it! WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!
Just remember all these precious things as you continue to get bigger everywhere...it IS worth it!
Post a Comment