Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So much for reading....

I have been on this kick that instead of turning on the TV, I am going to read a book before going to bed. Yeah, right!!! I get about half way down the page and my eye lids feel like lead! But I refuse to let it get the best of me and then force myself to read the whole chapter before calling it quits. Then, the next night I end up re-reading the chapter that I supposedly read the previous night because I don't even remember what happened!!!
Oh! And reading to the kids....forget it!!! I read to them before they take a nap everyday. Luke first, then Claire. And what ends up happening is that I fall asleep reading to Claire. I have had to set my alarm clock before I read to her just to make sure I don't sleep to long and miss picking Katheryn up from school. And most of the time, SHE doesn't fall asleep. Today, she covered me up, mouth wide open and book on my chest, and went downstairs to play PBSkids on the computer. Sometimes she will stay in her room and read her own books. The good thing is that she knows that Mommy is tired and she is very good at being quiet.
Katheryn has had a lot of reading assignments for homework. GREAT! I don't even know if my kid can read because I am asleep before she turns the cover of the book! Ok...it really isn't that bad, but close.
One good thing is that I am getting more sleep in than usual. Bad thing is...I am not getting anything done around the house!

3 comments:

Kat and Crew said...

That's too funny!!
Hey, get the sleep while you can before number 4 gets here. Sweet of Claire to take care of her mommy.
I tried the reading thing the other night too, but was going to get in the bath soak and read. I ran the bath water went to get in and the water was all COLD! SO, i called it quits and watched TV instead!
PS- I loved Clairs comments about her mom's chaning body. You need to start of book, "Clair's comments"!

Jenn said...

I've also started to read before bed. I figure that it was about time to read Wuthering Heights - I have only been carrying it around since 1998 and have moved it about 8 times without opening the cover. I DVR my favorite tv shows so that I can watch an hour show in 15 minutes the following day. What would life be without watching the people who think they are so great (but are really terrible) sing on American Idol?
Maybe we should start a sisters on-line book club?!

Katie said...

I'd say that starting new projects that require being conscious is a bad idea WHILE PREGNANT! Hello! You are supposed to be watching TV with some ice cream.

Blog Archive