We had a great Thanksgiving! Joel's brother and sister-in-law live here in town and we went to their house for the day! It was easy on me. All I had to make was pecan pie and sweet potato casserole (which is technically a side dish, but if you knew what all went into that "casserole" you would know that it is actually a dessert!) Scott and Basia took care of the rest.
It was actually cold on Thanksgiving!!! The weather has been so weird here. On Wednesday I was wearing shorts, then Thursday came and I wanted to get out my long underwear! But it made the day more enjoyable for me. I love cold weather!!!
The kids had fun playing! I am in awe of my little niece! (She and Luke are 4 days apart in age)She lives in a bilingual home and can say so many things in Polish and English! I am still trying to understand all of Luke's words. But this girl is unbelievable! She can sing the ABC's, count to 15, and she is potty trained....has been potty trained for at least 3 months. Now, Luke can hum the ABC's, and tries his best at counting, and one good thing is I haven't had to change a dirty diaper in over a month (he does do that on the potty). But the difference in their speech is unreal! As far as agility is concerned...they are neck and neck there!
Don't take this as a sign that I am worried about Luke. I am definitely not. I have heard that boys take a little longer to develop in speech, and consecutive children tend not to talk so much because their siblings do the talking for them. I do remember the girls were talking sentences before they were two. But there is something different about Maja and how quickly she can pick up on things!
Back to Thanksgiving...the food was great !!! I do love Thanksgiving meal and wonder why we only cook a turkey only once (maybe twice) a year. And really...how hard is it to make a green bean casserole!! Why not make that more often? But then, for some reason, you ARE in the kitchen ALL DAY LONG cooking that big meal. And then you sit down at the table for 20 minutes and your done! Of course you do have those yummy left overs. I have seen in a lot of magazines recipes for Thanksgiving left overs. Yeah right!!! Has any one made something out of their left over turkey other than a turkey sandwich?
5 days ago








6 comments:
Wish that we could have joined you! But, I did think of you as I was eating sweet potato casserole too. Troy also LOVED it! He even asked me to bring leftovers to him the day after Thanksgiving:)
Don't worry about Luke's speech development. Benjamin could only make sounds when he turned two (beep beep = car, moo = cow), but Hannah talks all the time! I am very impressed with Maja's singing ability though!
I'm going to use the left over turkey instead of chicken in my chicken salad (the one with grapes and celery) - a project for tonight - yum!
I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I am sure that Maja is just really advanced! She is also the only/first child? Huuuuuge difference. Also, if it makes you feel better, Becca has never done ANYTHING on the potty. Not even close. So...Luke is really ahead of the game there! :)
What I like to do with the leftovers is EAT THEM. Just like the full meal at Thanksgving. I just make up the same plate over and over until it is all gone. I hate it when my dad starts making Turkey Ala King. I am like, "NO! I was saving that to go with the stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and cranberries!" I also hate that it only takes 20 minutes to eat and then....that's it? What a let down!
I hope it doesn't look like I was comparing the two kiddos! Maja is just unbelievably smart!!! Prodigy Child, I say! I think Luke is right on track (for Luke). I have somewhat enjoyed him not being able to "talk" so much. It makes me feel like his is still a baby. As far as potty training, I was actually hoping that Luke would be in diapers until he was 5 (not really). Taking kids potty in a store is not fun for me.
Hey Girl!!! Goodness, we STILL need to get together. Have any plans this coming week?
Glad to hear you had a wonderful Turkey Day!
Monday is free. Tuesday is KDO, Wed I am hosting playgroup (you should come!!!) Thursday is MOPS, and Friday is gym at 11am. Call me!
A
Turkey/Cranberry Ring from The Pampered Chef - you know - with the Doughboy's Crescent Rolls. A lot of the ring recipes are in the "All the Best" cookbook. But, I think this year we had our leftovers in White Chicken Chili - a nice taste tangent from the norm.
As far a Lukie, he's using his smarts just fooling you! I chuckle every time I think of him, which is a LOT!!
Post a Comment