Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Yet another ouchie!!!! (pictures later)

Can you even guess who?
It happened a little over a week ago when we were putting up our Christmas decorations. Everything was going smoothly. Joel had put up the tree and I had just started stringing the lights. While Joel was putting the tree up, I had gotten the stocking holders out and put them on the mantel. Then I hung one stocking up (with care). While I was behind the tree hanging the lights, I looked at the stocking and decided "I better take that down. Some one's going to pull that down and get hurt!" No sooner had a thought it, than it happened. Luke ran up and pulled the stocking and the pewter stocking holder fell right in the middle of his forehead. Immediately there was blood! I grabbed him and took him to the kitchen and covered it and put pressure on it. Joel came in and looked at it and decided he needed stitches. Another ER visit! Joel always gets to do those fun things. So Luke now has a big gash on his head and eventually will have a scar, much like the one his sister , Claire, has in the same exact spot. Just when we were going to get family pictures done!
Needless to say, the stockings are now hung on the banister and the stocking holders are packed in the garage!

1 comment:

Katie said...

OH NO!!!! Poor Luke! Those things are defintely hazardous!! Why can't they make them with super strong suction cups to hold them in place?

Blog Archive