I have had quite a few emails recently trying to guess what my new project is...I won't hold the suspense any longer.... this makes number 4.......
Four colors that I have painted this kitchen!!!! Now, I have heard it all from Joel so I don't want to hear from you too!
"Angela, you are reducing the square footage in our house!"
"If you put any more coats of paint on that wall you they will be flat instead of textured."
Katheryn even said, "Mommy! Why don't you just paint a rainbow on the wall?"
It is amazing what color will do. It went from this......
to this.....
Now, I liked the red! But it didn't go with the tile that was already in the kitchen too well. And to change the paint color is a lot less expensive than changing this tile!!!
We are also getting the cabinets painted a creamy white color next week! I am excited and nervous about that too. Spare me any horror stories!!!! And for a final touch we are adding hardware.
SO.....for all you and your wild guesses....I hate to disappoint you, but this is the project I was referring to.








4 comments:
You are too funny. :-) I love the new paint; it's making me look at my red wall and wonder...what would OUR kitchen look like painted differently, and with painted cabinets? Hmmmmm...I've been officially inspired! You came to my mind this morning, so thought I'd pop in and see how all is going there. We were feeling SO thankful yesterday that Timber is there with you, and no longer here, as we had 3 BOBCATS playing on our trampoline last night. Not to mention the King snake the day before. We miss you guys! Love reading about the entire family! Much love, Karina
You go girl! Would you like to come to VA to help me FINISH painting our kitchen (yes, it was remodeled in July of 2006 and still the khaki paint does not go all the way up the wall:) and bedroom. Oh, and the laundry room. And, don't forget the bathrooms (all 3 of them!) I'm too busy nursing to pick up a paintbrush. I think that Mike would react the same way as Joel! But, that's what I'd expect from brothers. Can't wait to see the finished project and what color the kitchen will be when we arrive:) Love you sista!
AAAAAAAAAA! You are TRICKY!
I liked the red and I didn't see any problem with the tile color matching it. But, I'm not very good with that stuff.
However, the taupe color really makes it look LOTS bigger and brighter! You did a great job! I can't wait to see the cabinets. I'm sure they will turn out wonderfully!
paint it sandy color !! it is a good match with the floor and it is bright enough to give that sense of bigger space.
Post a Comment