Yes, it's true! Luke is now in a big boy bed. I personally didn't want to deal with the change just yet, but he was climbing out of the crib. So Joel decided to make the switch before we ended up with some bigger bumps and bruises. The first two days went relatively smoothly. But for the past week, it has really been a challenge.
The routine is the same...books, song, prayer...good night....then I turn and walk out the door. Only to find Luke trailing 3 feet behind me. So I put him back in the bed and tell him "no,no, it is night night time!" Walk out the door. Repeat about 10 times. So finally, I just shut the door and don't go back in there until I know he has fallen asleep. The night before last was really funny. For 30 minutes you could hear him knocking on the door, pulling books off the shelf and playing with all his toys (in the dark). But he eventually falls asleep. Usually by the door, which makes it hard to get in to put him back in the bed.
Last night was better. He did get out and play with a few things, but right before we went to bed we checked on him. He had found his way back to his bed and was asleep. Hopefully, he will get the idea that this in NOT a game and that he will stay in his bed from the beginning.
On another note...Joel finished the back yard! It looks great! It is all grass now! No sidewalk.
Next time I will have to let you know about the other project I have been working on. But I will save that for later!
5 days ago








4 comments:
Oh, do tell! What's the other project? Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!!
The joys of a stong willed child! 8 months of that with Ana. EXHAUSTING! BUT, now we haven't had one "out of bed" issue in months. Can't wait to see you all!
I wanna know the other project!
We miss you all!
Jess, Eric, Lachlan and Briar
I want to see photos of all your projects...better yet, I should just come over and see them, duh!
Post a Comment