Thursday, August 23, 2007

Off to School!!

(Going to Class)
On Tuesday of this week, we dropped off our first born at kindergarten!! I have heard horror stories about how hard it is to leave them and the emotions it stirs up. But the way Katheryn's school does it is actually a great idea. On Monday we (Joel, Katheryn and I) went to meet the teacher and see her classroom. And on Tuesday (first day of school), we get in the car pool lane and drop her off and someone else walks her to her class. The transition went really smoothly and Katheryn has really enjoyed going to school (so far).
(Katheryn and her teacher)
Me on the other hand....it has been so quiet around here! Really. And Katheryn is not my "loud" child. I have missed her during the day, but I know we will both get use to it. No tears have been shed yet.
(Katheryn's desk)
My daily routine has moved up an hour. Now rest time is at 12:3o instead of 1:30 since I have to wake up the others (that is if Claire naps) to go get Katheryn. It seems we are already busier in the afternoons than we are in the mornings. I have heard that is what happens once you have school age kids. All in all we are excited for Katheryn and very proud of her! Oh...by the way...she has already brought home fundraising material, so if you are interested in wrapping paper let me know!

(Getting picked up from school)
Can you believe that she goes from 8am-3:30pm!!!???

4 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Ooohhhhhh, that is so sad. I am DREADING the first day of school for Salem :(

Hang in there!

Katie said...

Dude. Can't you get her, like, a tote bag or something? The trash bag is CRACKING ME UP!!!! (Only kidding).

She is ADORABLE. I love the little uniforms. How did she hold up?

Joel and Angela said...

You make me laugh about the trash bag! It was her blanket for rest time.
She has been doing great this week! Really tired and hungry when she gets home. Supper is now around 5pm and they go to bed between 7-7:30!!! NICE!!

Jenna Stitzel said...

She's SUCH a big girl! MAN...I can't even imagine Ana being gone all day like that...won't be long!

Blog Archive