Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Days!!!!

This is us! Eight years since we said "I do"! We just cannot believe it! Every year has been an awesome year and each one has been better than the one before! Joel, no doubt, is the man of my dreams (so cheesy, I know! But so true)! I could go on an on about him, but I am afraid the Velveeta will start oozing out of the keyboard. But I love this man! He makes me smile when no one else can, he makes me feel safe, he loves me even when I am not too lovable, and he folds the pile of clothes that have been sitting in the basket for two days...okay...three days! We have fun together. He's my bestest friend! He is an AWESOME daddy too!! Just amazing! The kids love it when daddy is home! I use to roll my eyes when people would say "it seems like yesterday". Now I am beginning to understand.
We went out to eat in New Braunfels for our Anniversary! Loved the restaurant! And loved the food! I had steak. Joel had quail...

and shrimp and steak and duck....oh...and half of my steak.
Joel took off three days this week. We've been busy! We went to the kid's theatre to see "School House Rock! It was great! The kids loved it. Then yesterday we went to Sea World...again. And tonight we went to see "The Little Mermaid" play at another children's theatre. The kids liked and talked about it all the way home.
Half-birthdays have become important this year. A week after Katheryn turned 5, she asked me when she was going to be 5 1/2. I told her not until Mommy and Daddy's anniversary. So, every month she would ask me "how much longer?" Last month I told her, it would be Claire's 3 1/2 birthday before it would be her 5 1/2 birthday. So, we had to make Claire a half bday cake. Sure enough, our anniversary rolls around and Katheryn starts digging through the pantry looking for a cake mix. So we celebrated Katheryn's 5 1/2 birthday tonight with a half bday cake! Hey!!!It's a good excuse celebrate life and to eat cake!!! Now....don't tell her I mis-calculated!!! After the dishes were all cleaned up, I gasped when I realized I was a whole month off!


6 comments:

Vicki said...

Congratulations! I didn't remember that our anniversaries were that close to each other! You better be careful with those mis-calculations, she's starting to school now and she'll be calling you on it!

Katie said...

That is hilarious about the half birthday cake. I thought you meant a cake for the half birthday, not HALF a cake. Love it!

Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a good couple and good team. You look great!

Joel and Angela said...

Yep!! It was half of a cake! Thought it was appropriate.

Katie said...

P.S. Where did you get the cool iron work above your fireplace?

Stacie said...

Congrats to the perfect couple. I absolutely LOVE the 1/2 cake idea. I'll have to remember that one. You two are doing an awesome job raising those cuties! They're going to have all sorts of wonderful memories of childhood.
Kiss Kiss,
Stacie

Joel and Angela said...

Southern Living at home! I love it!!

Blog Archive