After art camp, we went across the street to eat BBQ. We had about 13 kids with us and 5 adults. They quickly put us upstairs so we could have the top floor (that is usually not opened) all to ourselves. Well, have you heard of the phrase "out of sight, out of mind"? They totally must have forgotten about us . 1 1/2 hours later, we finally got our cold food. The kids did really well considering the long wait. But the adults on the other hand....we were a little grumpy.
When it was time to go, I picked Luke up from his high chair and noticed that he was a little wet and an all to familiar smell coming from his back side. The restaurant was a tiny place so there was not a changing table in the bathroom. So, I took him to the van to change him there. It was the worst "blow-out" ever in my five 1/2 years of changing diapers!!! From cheek to cheek, shoulder to shoulder, and some how in other places. I just stood there at first, wondering where to start. Thank goodness I had a change of clothes for him (just in case he got paint on him during art camp), but I had 4 wipes left in my stash! FOUR! That's how many I use when I change a wet diaper! It was bad! BAD!!! Thank goodness my friends were there to come to my rescue with more wipes! 
Needless to say, this weekend has been a not too exciting weekend as far as venturing out goes. I had to give Luke 4 baths on Friday and threw away two of onsies (sometimes it just isn't worth the effort). Katheryn woke up with swollen tonsils (a mommy's diagnosis), and I could only breath out of one of my nostrils all day yesterday. And today Claire had whatever Luke had.








2 comments:
I love how your friend seems to be putting her face all up in it to see what is going on! Ha!
That sounds like a nightmare diaper blowout!!! I hope y'all start feeling better ASAP!
You are doing so many cool things with your kids. I am very impressed!
What a fun fun summer there in good ol SA! :) LOTS to do and I'm jealous. No better place to do cheerleading camp than in TX too! :) Kathryn looks so grown up and beautiful!!! Hope you guys all get back on your healthy feet so ya don't miss a beat...that's my little "cheer" for you! :)
Post a Comment