
Katheryn has been at Cheer Camp all week this week! She really wanted to go to cheer camp this summer. She heard a friend at school talking about it and decided that it was something she wanted to do. Although her friend ended up not being able to go, Katheryn still thought it would be a lot of fun. Every night, for the past two weeks, she was counting down the days until cheer camp!

On the first day, we walked in and I noticed that she was the youngest (and definitely the smallest) girl on the "squad". I was a little worried about her and asked the coach if she thought she would be OK. And she reassured me that she would be fine. So everyday this week, I have left her to practice different cheer leading jumps and chants.

Today was the day we went to watch their end of camp performance. I was a very proud mama and Joel was a very proud Daddy! Katheryn did SO good. She kept up with all the older girls and did all her jumps, pops and kicks all at the right time!! Joel and I weren't happy about the dance (a little too grown up for a 5 year old). But she was wonderful!!!!

Since Katheryn was the smallest, she was the one that got to be tossed up in the air!! She loved it.

Going up...

Coming down and...

the "pop". She took this part VERY seriously!!!

Ra-Ra-ree!!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! SHE IS SO CUTE. Could she be any cuter? I really don't think so. I never knew what the "pop" was, but now I do!
A girl after my own heart:)
Post a Comment