What a crazy week it was last week. We had the painter come in and paint the majority of our house. We were only going to have him paint just the family room because the ceilings were so high, but his prices were so good that I had him paint the family room, guest room, living room and kitchen. Now...the kitchen was a huge undertaking. I felt so bad for the painter having to work with me. I originally wanted a
terracotta color, but after getting a sample of it on the walls I changed my mind. It looked more like pumpkin
Halloween orange. So then I decided...RED. I love red. So he put a sample of that color on my wall. Cherry Red. Too Bright. So then, he thought I should try a
mustardy color. Actual color name...brown mustard. Well, once he put it on the wall I thought I would like it. And I did...in this corner of the room.

But I didn't like it by the stone. So, after having a painter do a fabulous job painting.....

I primed it.... (I actually like the pink primer.)

And painted it "Antique red". Now this is just the first coat of paint below. But I LOVE IT.
I am not one for white walls. I want a home with personality. It is hard moving so much and trying to stay neutral because you know you are going to have to sell and move again in the next three years.

But I think it is worth it. The kids love it. Katheryn suggested painting it a rainbow color. I told her that if you just peel the layers of paint off you will basically have all the colors of the rainbow.
No comments:
Post a Comment