Friday, June 16, 2006

The verdict is in.....
We are moving to San Antonio! Joel will be an IFF instructor at Randolph AFB.
We found out two days ago, but I haven't had any time to sit and write anything down. My head is swimming!!! We have to figure out so much stuff! Joel has to do instructor training at Moody from November until April. He is not certain when he can officially leave Oman, but the kids and I have our return tickets set for October 17th. We fly into Miami. Our van is in Ft Myers along with a few other things that we left while we stayed with Joel's parents for a month. We also have lots of stuff at my parents house in MS from when we lived with the for 4 months. AND THEN... there is our first born (Timber) who we left with our friends in AZ. Now, Joel's parents are moving to VA before our return from Oman. So we have to figure out how we get our van, who will pick us up, are we going to buy a 2nd car in FL or GA or TX, when we will get Timber, when we will look for a house, should I put Katheryn in school in GA for just 3 months?AAARGHHH! I have so many questions!!! And then I realize it will be almost another full year before we are "settled". Why am I so spun up about this already? I totally know God has his hand in this and will work out every detail for us, as he has so many times in the past. But in the news and excitement, there is just so much to think about. Okay, I know I am not making any sense. But that's the news!!! For those of you who have emailed recently, I will catch up with you soon! Jan, I have tons of questions for you too!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

In the words of Larry the Cucumber "Questions, questions, questions!" But, so much to be excited about and look forward to. We are glad that you will be coming home soon. It'll be great to have you in GA for a few months too. We look forward to visiting you there.

Katie said...

Oh man. There is nothing like the military to have your life completely complicated and turned upside down...every two years (or less). While we've had different details, I have been there before (how do we fly the dog internationally in the summer? How do we pick up one car on one coast and one on the other coast? how do we get our stuff out of storage while still picking up ten million boxes at a parent's house?) Why WHY WHY are there so many hard details? I know what you're going through.

You should forget all the annoying stuff and just start surfing realtor.com and dreaming about your next house! San Antonio! That's great!

Jenna Stitzel said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! San Antonio is AWESOME!!! We will see ya when we visit my family. Ya want me and Ana to drive Timber out to SA for ya? MY PLEASURE!!!! :) See you guys, see my family, eat at my favorite Mexican resturant...let me know... Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

How exciting to have an answer to a very basic question, "where do you live?" Tom travels to San Antonio often and thinks it is a wonderful city. New adventures, new friends, a whole new chapter in your lives. WOW!

Marcia

Blog Archive