Still no word on the assignment!
****
Luke is officially on the move now! He started crawling two days ago!
****
****
Luke is officially on the move now! He started crawling two days ago!
****
My friend from Lebanon has been giving me recipes to try and this is one of my favorites and it is pretty easy to make!
Chicken Bordeaux
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
4-6 chicken breast, cut into cubes
3 medium potatoes (I don't use the potatoes)
2 medium sized onions, cut and sliced
1 T minced garlic
1 T minced ginger
1 T tumeric powder (can we get that in the states?)
1 t paprika
1 t black pepper
1 cube chicken bullion
2 1/2 cups water
**
1 cup coconut milk powder
1 cup coconut milk powder
1/2 cup warm water
or
1 cup coconut milk
In a large cooking pan, heat oil, add chicken. Cook until brown. Add potatoes and stir for 6 minutes. Add the onion, turn for 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger. Turn for 3 minutes. Add tumeric powder, paprika and black pepper. Add water and chicken bullion. Bring to boil. Stir occasionally. Cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes covered.
Mix coconut milk powder with warm water. Add to chicken mixture. Bring to boil. and keep on heat for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
***
I have made this a few times and we love it! She got the recipe from an Arabic book, but thinks it is more of a Thai dish.
I have made this a few times and we love it! She got the recipe from an Arabic book, but thinks it is more of a Thai dish.








2 comments:
Wow. I LOVE coconut milk, so I'm sure I will love this one! I have seen tumeric before, but never cooked with it. Actually, I don't even know what it tastes like.
Eeeek! He's crawling! Wow!
Angela, I know for a fact that you can buy tumeric in the states. My grandmother's favorite bread and butter pickle recipe calls for it and I have purchased it many times. The recipe sounds yummy. I'll have to try it soon.
Marcia Smith
Post a Comment