Friday, May 26, 2006


Friday was the last day of our wonderful trip! We drove to the Neuschienstien Castle in Fusson! That day was another perfect day! The castle was just amazing! The beauty of it is almost indescribable! But I will try. I believe this is the castle that Disney models the Cinderella castle after. The girls were so excited to be going to a princess castle. (Actually, the king who built it never married and only lived in it 172 days before he died. So there were no princesses who actually lived there). They could not wait! Daddy couldn't pass up another "carriage ride" for his princesses. He wanted them to arrive in style! We bought our tickets and jumped in the "pumpkin coach" (after Joel's "tiff" with the driver - we called her Hilga). Once we were at the top we looked around the outside while we waited to go on our tour of the inner part of the castle. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be royalty back then. I am still impressed that people were able to build something so impressive so high up on mountains! I am sure it was so it wouldn't get attacked as easily and for the wondrous views!
The tour of the inside of the castle was just as impressive. We were not allowed to take pictures of the inside of the castle for some reason. But believe me! It was worth taking the tour! The kings bedroom took FIVE years to finish. Everything in it was hand carved!
Joel's princesses weren't as "special" on the way down from the castle! We had to walk this time! Claire was on my back, Luke was in the baby carrier and Katheryn was on Joel's shoulders! Needless to say, Joel and I are still soar!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I have been to that castle..and it is INCREDIBLE. I bet the girls were in heaven! Too bad you had to walk to far on the way down...at lesat it was downhill, right?

Blog Archive