Food in Oman
This is the second time I have tried to post this. Some little fingers did something to the computer and it froze up and I had to start all over again!
As I was saying... The food here is so interesting! I haven't had anything yet that I have to turn my nose up for (note..YET). All the food here is fresh, nothing added to them, all natural!
They do have a lot of things that we have in the states: Fruit Loops, Pringles, Nestle, Snicker, Cokes, etc. But here they don't add all the bad stuff in it. Hydrogenated oils, chemicals, food coloring, etc.. I am amazed at how good all these things taste, even without the added junk! However, there are some things that you can't get here: Chocolate chips, Karo pancake syrup, flavored coffee creamer (HINT! HINT!!)
The sodas here are GREAT! The are made with real sugar and not that other stuff. The milk here is fresh from the farm. It can go bad within 3 days! You have to check the dates on everything! Same with bread. We are making trips to the grocery store every 2-3 days just for milk and bread! That's ok though because our fridge is so small and can't fit too much stuff. The juices here are delicious! All fresh squeezed. Even at the restuarants. They have all kinds of juice. From orange and apple to banana and strawberry. VERY GOOD STUFF!
You can buy bananas and coconuts and papayas at fruit stands that line the road right outside our villa gate!!! And I have rediscovered hummus! They eat a lot of hummus here and it is yummy! I am sure I will have more adventures in eating here and will let you know all about them another day!








No comments:
Post a Comment