Thursday, March 09, 2006





Minor Surgery
I had my first visit to the Omani hospital yesterday. It was a good experience, but the reason for going is a little embarrasing. I have an infected in-grown toe nail. As soon as we got here, it started bothering me. So I tried to doctor it myself, which I have done many times before. But this time, I think I doctored it too much. Now I have a terribly infected toe! It is so gross! I would post a picture for you, but then you may never revisit my blog. And it hurts REALLY Bad! I didn't realized how much my children step on my toes until one became soar.

Supposedly, seeing a doctor here is about who you know. Joel called the missionary from the church and asked her if she knew of a doctor. There is a Christian Indian doctor who goes to our church (just on a different night) who is an ENT specialist. She called him and he said that he would help us see a foot doctor. So Joel and I went yesterday to the new hospital (Just opened last month). We walked into the front and on one side the female patients check in, and on the other side the males check in. So, we go over to the female side and I am the only female without a berka (sp?) on. But we had no problem checking in and the Indian doctor took us to the foot doctor. We get to the waiting room and the males sit on one side and the females sit on the other. We stood there with Dr. Wilson (Indian Doc) waiting. He was saying that as an Ex-Pat it is hard to get service here without the right connections and even still, the doctors aren't always that friendly. We were called back to the foot doctors office and he took a look at my toe and decided I needed to be on antibiotics for a few days and return Saturday to have toe surgery. He was a very nice doctor but the language barrier was still difficult. Thank goodness we had Dr Wilson to help us understand what he said. Otherwise, I may have agreed to have my toe amputated. So, I go back Saturday to have surgery on an in-grown toe nail!!! Seems minor compared to a c-section, but still very scary for me.
Change of Subject...
Luke is Three months old today!!! This is a picture of him "laying out" by the pool!

This is Katheryn floating with her kickboard! She really loves to swim!


This is Claire all wrapped up and ready to head home!

No comments:

Blog Archive