Friday, February 03, 2006

Well everyone! The kids and I have been in Florida for a week now. We had such a great time in Mississippi with my family. It was an exciting four months. I am sure it was hard for them to transisiton from empty nest to full up day-care overnight (literally). But they were awesome to put up with us. The girls absolutely loved being there and enjoyed every minute of it! And now Mimi and Papa are readjusting to a much more quiet home. We are now crashing at Joel's parents house in Fort Myer's Florida. The girls are enjoying being spoiled by another set of grandparents. I have all three kids to myself throughout the day. They are great kids! The girls love spending time out on the screened-in back porch. It looks out over a little lake that is the home to a few aligators. Don't worry...I don't let them play in the back yard. But they think it is fun to look for the Ali the aligator! Once they find him, they run back inside squealing!!! They have also aquired several "pet" lizards that run around out there. Katheryn named them Mona, Jacob, and Esau. She has yet to touch them.
I have been able to get out with all of the kids a few times. It wasn't so bad!!! Although, I get a lot of eyeballs and comments on how I have my hands full. Of course, two of the three times we went somewhere it had to be Target!! You know how much I love Target! And the one here has a Starbucks in it. Hey, I figure "kill two birds with one stone." The kid's have been relatively behaved each time we go out. Thank goodness. Luke has been doing really well. He was a little messed up on sleeping when we got here, but has been sleeping seven hours for me now. As much as I would like him to sleep a little bit longer, I am dreading the jetlag we all will have once we arrive in Oman. the good thing is that I will have my wonderful husband (who is very well rested) to help me out! Well, the kids are all taking a nap (soon to be over) and I just finished making gooey butter cake and will be starting dinner soon. So, Adios Amigos!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

WHHHHAAAAT? Luke is sleeping 7 hours? At one time? With no waking up to eat? Please tell me how you managed that! Becca wakes up every 3 hours on the dot!

I love reading the updates!I have so much admiration for you that you can take all three kiddos out to Target. I think its stressful with just ONE...you are BRAVE!
Love, Katie

Blog Archive