Saturday, February 18, 2006


Greetings from Oman!

Angela has been telling me to make an entry, and I have been coming up with good excuses...but I guess I ran out of good ones and couldn't think of a bad one.

Things are going well out here. Angela and the family will be 'visiting' here in a week, and I am extremely excited to see them. Both my parents are helping bring the family over and will be staying a couple of days as well.

Oman is a very interesting place. I am living in Salalah, which is near the Yemen border. It is actually a mountainous place and has a monsoon season (from Jun-Sep) which turns everything green. From pictures, it looks more like Hawaii than the Arabian peninsula. I have had several opportunities to travel around here while I have been here solo. The beaches are wonderful, and there are plenty of outdoor hikes/sites to see.

Flying has been going good. It is neat to fly brand new jets. The Omani pilots are interested in learning and are doing quite well. It is a little different being out here, because I am the only one! (along with some contractors) The work days are long (7am to 1:30pm), so I have to find things to do with my time. I have tried to read as much as possible, get a tan, and catch up on a lot of other things I wanted to do.

Well, I won't make this too long. I will try attaching some pictures. We will see. Angela will write more once she is out here I am sure. Take care and God bless.

Joel

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! I'm impressed that Angela has you doing this, Joel! Very nice. Oman looks really beautiful. Is that haze or sand or what in the air? Cool pictures!

Blog Archive