Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Ahoy! Me hearty!


So...to be "fair" to Luke (and to cease the boy-princess dress-up days) we splurged and bought him a pirate outfit. The girls seriously have more dress-up clothes than regular clothes (we only bought 4 of their dresses), so we justified the fact that it wasn't his birthday or major holiday and went ahead and got it for him "out of season".


He LOVES pirate things right now. The girls STILL love watching the movie "Peter Pan" (not the cartoon), and Katheryn and Claire are always voicing who their choice in characters are . Katheryn is Wendy. Claire is Tiger-Lilly. Claire loves the part in the movie when Tiger-Lilly curses Captain Hook in her native tongue and spits on him. She can reenact that pretty well. I just wish I knew what Tiger-Lilly was actually saying.


And Luke always wants to be the bad guy.....Captain Hook! We bought Luke this outfit Sunday and he has not taken it off since. We do have a few rules on dress-up:
- Don't wear your dress-up outside. It starts stinkin' and I don't want to have to wash something that is that flimsy and more expensive than your play clothes.
- Don't eat in your dress-up. Same reason as above.
and
-No sleeping in dress-up. (Rules do not apply to grown-ups)


He has finally gotten used to the rules and eats, sleeps and plays outside in his underwear, only to immediately jump back into the pirate suit when he is finished with what he was doing. I do think I need to add one more rule to his list though.....

-NO PEEING WHILE WEARING THE PIRATE SUIT!!!


Little boys just have bad aim sometimes!


Shiver me timbers, here is my little Scallywag swashbucklin' his lily-livered lass!!!


Listen carefully at how he is going to "smash me in da head berry tarefully".




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Luke is hilarious.

Mr.T

Blog Archive