Saturday, September 12, 2009

One month later

It has been a month now since we started schooling the kids at home. Most days have been great! Totally successful in that fact that we finished our lessons, ran our errands, all got along! But...the past few days.....this......
....has been an issue. She really isn't help at all. She's cute, but no help. First of all, she is teething. (Alright, none of our other kids had a problem teething!! They would just wake up and have a tooth, or sneeze and then "poof" there is a tooth!) Ellen has been so different. She is cranky, whiny, clingy, and has her fists in her mouth all the time. The picture above does not depict the mood that she is usually in. If she is in a good mood, she is trying to get into the spice drawer, empty the recycling bin, or climb up on the table and pull the books out of the boxes. Sometimes she is throwing crayons across the room. I am afraid that I am going to have to move class time to nap time. That is something I really didn't want to do. For seven years, I have had 2 hours of quiet time to myself everyday. I really am not looking forward to giving that up.
The older girls are awesome! There are still enjoying being at home and getting school work done. Katheryn has started quizzing Claire with flashcards and helping teach Luke his letters and numbers. She is such a great big sister! She goes back and forth with her favorite subject. Last week it was Arithmetic, this week it is writing.
Claire is moving along with speed. She likes Math. Not so much the writing, but she is getting it.

4 comments:

Kat and Crew said...

Glad to hear it's going well. I was wondering how you were doing school with Ellen there. I thought man she's a good kid!! Campbell is climbing, fighting and LOUD 24/7!!! They'd be a hoot to see together. Ii hope you can figure it out so you don't have to give up your quiet time!
Been thinking about your Daddy too. Hope all is well. Tell Claire i'm impressed with the cursive!

KevinJenniferGordon said...

angela! jennifer gordon here, okay- i really don't have the time to be reading people's blogs, but i'm sitting here while kevin's putting eli's 'harley davidson' (for his 2nd bday) together and i decided i'd check yours-cuz it's been FOREVER since i have. yikes! much fun, your kids are yummmmmmy and i love the pioneer woman already! so here's one for you to love (and feel so inadequate by)...makeitandloveit.com
take care!

Anonymous said...

Um, Jen Gordon just linked us to an...um...'adult' site...

Since my kids are in StupidTexasPublicSchool, I will take Ellen. She can just live here with me.

Jess

Anonymous said...

Haha!!!!I looked at it too. Then I figured out she forgot the blogspot.com part. That one is totally innocent. I need to tell her what she did!!! I laughed and laughed when I figured it out!
Angela

Blog Archive