We are in Ft Worth this week. Joel is here for "work" and we decided to take a mini-family-vacation and come up here with him. The first night we stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX. It was awesome! It has an indoor water-park and the kids (Ellen included) had a blast! There are a few of them scattered across the states and I HIGHLY recommend going with the family. On Monday, it was POURING rain (which Texas needs)...but no worries....we were indoors having fun!
We moved our location to the Residence Inn. The lobby is nice, but our room smells weird. I can't pinpoint the actually smell, but I don't like it. I went to Bath and Body works and bought a scent-bug and some oil just to help out the situation. Now it smells like a eucalyptus minty bad smell hotel room. The kids don't notice it and are loving this place. The room has two phones in it, and we unplugged the phones so Ellen wouldn't randomly call long distance. The girls have been so funny "calling" friends and leaving messages. It is amazing what they pick up from Mommy when she talks on the phone.
We went to the Ft Worth Botanical Garden today. I love nature and flowers! I try to have a green thumb at home, but it hasn't happened here in TX. This garden was so beautiful! The Japanese garden was my absolute fave! If I had known it was so pretty I would have done better at picking out clothes for everyone to wear so we could get some nice pictures.
Joel is at one of his meetings right now and all the kids are napping! Weird! I know you are surprised to get a posting on the blog, but I had some free time. The older girls will nap from time to time, but they must really be tired because they are OUT! And it is quiet in here.
Tonight we are going to attempt putt-putt and an arcade. Although, there is a very upscale shopping center right across the street that keeps calling my name. I really want to roam around in it . Alone. We stopped there to get lunch at a nice little bistro. Joel ran in while I stayed with the kids in the car and people watched. All the people walking around were very ritzy-looking. The ladies had their hair all neat and in place. Clothes were ironed with starch. Make-up perfect, big jewelery, designer purses, and three big shopping bags on each arm. They look like that's all they ever do. Shop and eat at bistros. I love to shop, but I hate to spend money. I would so be out of place there with my khaki shorts, t-shirt and Target purse. Maybe I should go shopping today and buy a lot of things just for the fun of it, then I can return them tomorrow. Or....maybe I will just stick to putt-putt.








2 comments:
You had me lauging about the room smell. I would have had issues too!! Sounds like lots of fun. I've heard the Great Wolf Lodge is tons of fun. And man it would have been fun to go shopping!!!!
Saw your comment on my blog. I don't know those families, just got hooked on their stories. I do have a friend who's baby has EB so that's especially close to my heart.
Chat with you soon!!
So, how do you all stay in one hotel room? I can't figure out two kids in them very well....
Sounds like a great trip!
Post a Comment