And did you know that Mississippi University for Women is changing? More than just it's name....
Ok...maybe not....the t-shirts were a mistake in the bookstore, but we had to have them!
As soon as I returned from, MS, Joel left for a week to Florida with his new job position. Now, don't ask me what he does because it is classified and I can't tell you. (That is just a way of telling you that I really have don't know what he is doing and I won't really be able to explain it to you).While he was gone....I got sick. Stomach Virus. It was awful. Now, I will fight throwing up with all my power. So that didn't happen, but I did spend a lot of time near the bathroom. Then Joel came home and the virus took its turn with all the kids (except for Katheryn). Poor Luke had it the worst. So, needless to say, I was stuck in the house for TEN WHOLE DAYS!!!! While all this was going on - that whole swine flu decided to show it's face!! People!!!! It was right in our backyard! Our school district even closed to help minimize the spread! Parks were closed and it was encouraged not to go to places of "large gatherings". Do you think people listened to that? NOPE! Thank goodness it hasn't been as bad as they thought it could be.
MmmmmK.....So Joel was home for and week, and then he left last Sunday for an inspection in Phoenix. He has been eating at all our favorite restaurants, seeing all of our friends that live there, and going to the church we attending when we were stationed at Luke. So, this week, I have developed a case of the WHINE FLU!!!! That is just not fair!!!! He gets a whole PAID week of eating out at NICE restaurants, sleeping late, seeing friends.....I'll stop there. Because I got to do a lot of fun things myself....
I went to see Ghost of My Girlfriends Past with a girlfriend.
Sunday night the girls had their church choir concert! "Get Your Praise On!" It was great!
I had a water balloon fight with all my kids.
The little ones and I went for a walk. It has been a long time, and my shins are killing me!
Katheryn's 1st grade class hosted chapel, and I heard the song they composed. Now that was priceless!
I had a Southern Living at HOME show for a friend of a friend and met some great gals.
We had movie night(the kids and I)!! That's always fun!
Katheryn had another gymnastics competition and placed 2nd in all events!! YAY! KATHERYN!!!
And now....It is Mother's Day! A great day for a MOM! Claire has already gotten up to give me the gift she made me! She also asked me, "MO-UM!!!! When are you gonna make some food?" Ellen is awake with all her sweet smile and stinky britches. Luke and Katheryn are still sleeping, but should be awake soon giving me hugs and demanding chocolate milk. Oh...the joys of being a mother. I love love love being a "Mommy"! I have said it before and will say it again, I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world!
Do I ever have bad days? YES. More than I would like.
Do I feel like it is ground-hogs day? All the time!
Do I get stressed out? YES!
Do I ever feel like I am not doing it right? YES!
Do I ever wonder "why am I doing this"? YES!
It is the little things that help me keep going (and the strength that the Lord gives me to carry on). The little dreams of being a princess or a pirate when they grow up. The prayers at the dinner table and at bed time. The excitement in their face when they have learned something new. The interesting dress- up outfits they come up with. Being able to be there when they cry. Putting a bandaid and the ouchy I cannot see only to have the bandaid remove 30 seconds later. Side-walk chalk, trikes and bikes, waterballoons, tree-climbing, playing hide-and-seek in the same hiding place, crayons, finger paint, play-dough, bubbles, silly faces, sweet kisses, the laughter, the squeals, a little trail of toys to show me that my kids are having fun and enjoy being at home! With me!
I didn't write this post for you. I wrote it for me. Sometimes I need to remind myself of the little things and find the joy in them.








1 comment:
I've said it before, but I can't help saying it again. YOU ARE AMAZING! You have such a gift...you may have written this for you, but it blessed me! I LOVE getting to peek in on your precious family and see how you are enjoying life and loving each other. We'd be good neighbors, and the house next to us is vacant! We'd have so much fun together! Love you guys!
Post a Comment