Well, I figured I better let you know that Claire did see her 5th birthday, and it was a great celebration! (I am also getting nast-e-mails from friends to update my blog - I get the hint and I need the encouragement!)
We had a "balloon" party! Lots and lots of balloons everywhere! I had great expectations of fun balloon games, but try playing balloon games with a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds! Didn't really work too well. But the kids had a ball....or should I say balloon!
Since the party theme was a balloon theme, I made a cake in the shape of 5 balloons. I think it was one of me least favorite looking cakes I have made so far! But Katheryn's birthday is this weekend and she has requested a roller blade cake (Really, can they make it any more difficult?) so I may be posting an update and we can have an ugly cake poll! BTW....we are going roller skating this weekend for Katheryn's birthday!!! Can't wait!!!
Cutting the cake!
After the party. Check out that mess of toys!








2 comments:
I need to see the cake!
You guys look so cute!
Happy Birthday, Claire!
I'm sure the balloon cake was far from ugly! I can't wait to see Katheryn's cake. What fun memories they are going to have of their mommy making such unique cakes for them! Happy b-day to you too!!!
Post a Comment