
My kids absolutely LOVE helping me in the kitchen. Love it! But to be honest....I have a hard time sharing my space. You know I love to perfect my dishes. Over the years, if Joel has mentioned that something he tasted was "the best he has ever had", those words bring on a challenge like no other for me. So I work on perfecting each dish until I get his "seal of approval". Granted...there have only been 3 or 4 of those challenging remarks. But I work really hard making sure I get the measurement exact and the butter fluffy enough. I remember helping my mom in the kitchen and how she let us experiment and make huge messes. And I LOVED IT! But me and messes don't get along so well any more. And with three very interested little chefs on my hands, it can get very messy, real quick! So, when the kids want to help mama in the kitchen, I have to come up with some crafty way for them to help without making it too stressful for me but fun for us all.
3 comments:
I wish I didn't relate to this as well as I do! I do not share my kitchen space well either. Kaylee LOVES to help, and she IS very helpful, but I just don't like having anyone in my space when I'm working. And yes, I well remember my time shared in my mom's kitchen. Nothing ever rattled her, it was all good! I always felt welcome. I would never have listed this in my memories that stand out, but I do now. When we cleaned out her house it was the kitchen stuff that I could not get away from. I have the pan that held many pineapple upside down cakes-we made a million of them together! I have the white glass mixing bowl with green ivy painted on it-it made a ton of cakes! But, the most treasured of my findings...a simple pyrex measuring cup-I cannot look at it without realizing I am grinning from ear to ear. All that to say, I think those moments meant more than I can ever know. It has caused me to REALLY check myself and work on enjoying my time with Kaylee in the kitchen. Thanks for being honest-we'll work on it together!
No, I didn't know that! And, like I have told you MANY times, I am VERY glad you said yes! We love you guys!
I used to love helping my dad cook in the kitchen as well. I haven't even tried getting Becca involved yet. I am an awesome mom.
Post a Comment