Yes! Time to celebrate! Katheryn and my birthday is today. She is FIVE!!! FIVE!!! We just so happened to look at baby pictures last night and there was one of Katheryn 2 hours old! Hooked up to a respirator (or whatever that thing is called) and tubes and wires coming from all parts of her small body! Seeing that picture brought back so many emotions and memories!
It seriously seems like it was last week! But believe me....She is very much a 5 year old little girl! And a wonderful birthday present!
But I have been loving this time change the weekend before spring break. I was able to "sleep in". When you wake up an hour later than you normally do, but the clock shows two hours later, it really does something to you mentally! This whole week Joel has had to get up at 5:30! This morning he woke me up to tell me "Happy Birthday" and to share a cup of coffee with him. I really wanted to sleep, but I also wanted to spend that extra time with him. So I got up. When I got downstairs, he said," I sure am tired of cereal." So I end up making him steak and eggs for breakfast. Wait a minute here! It's my birthday....he woke me up early....I made him breakfast....something doesn't seem right here! Oh, well, the coffee and company were good!
It seriously seems like it was last week! But believe me....She is very much a 5 year old little girl! And a wonderful birthday present!We were going to have a birthday party for Katheryn this evening, but the weather here has been so yucky and we postponed it until Sunday evening. We will celebrate with family tonight. Joel's mom is in town. She stayed the first part of the week with Scott and Basia and will stay with us the remainder of the week. So tonight we will have our traditional strawberry birthday cake with ice cream!








6 comments:
Girl friend! Need I remind you that just a few days ago you were waking up every day ALONE!!! Get up and make my boy breakfast! Happy birthday to both of you, enjoy the cake!
I know!!! I know!!! But I don't sleep very well when he isn't here so I am trying to catch up! Sleep is precious!
JOEL YOU OWE THIS LADY BREAKFAST IN BED SATURDAY (AFTER SHE HAS SLEPT IN AS LONG AS SHE WANTS) BE SURE YOU GET BREAKFAST FOR THE KIDS THAT DAY TOO. (Sorry vicki you are wrong on this one.) Kathy Johnson
WOW, these comments can get out of hand!!! Yes, Angela, I KNOW sleep is precious! I only told you that because it wasn't ME! I doubt that Cary can tell you the last time I FIXED breakfast, I do go to Cracker Barrel with him sometimes-at 11:00! And Joel, I'm sure Kathy is right and you probably DO owe her just a bit!!! Actually, I KNOW you both take good care of the other, so I guess it's all good!!You BOTH got the BEST, and you know I think that!
I think this blog is missing one birthday girl. Where's your happy birthday face, Angela? Told Dan about your guitar...he wishes you were here to play some tunes with him. Well, Katheryn, this is a big year for you....school, maybe riding a 2 wheeler and many more things. Hope you have a blast during your 5th year. Happy Birthday to both of the birthday girls !! Love ya, Pam
Happy Birthday from all of us. It's great that you are efficient and keep up your blog. I love reading it. All is well and the same here. Hope you had a lovely birthday. Love Paula, Chris, Adam and Nicholas
Post a Comment